To keep you cozy and warm with food full of nutrients is a must, and soup is on the top of the list that provides you with all that you are looking for. Although its nutritional value depends upon the ingredients from which it is prepared, it is still healthy because everything is cooked in broth, supplying its dietary extracts. There are so many benefits of soup. Healthy soup recipes It maintains weight by providing low calories. Soups that are high in fiber generate a feeling of fullness by postponing gastric draining. Soup keeps you hydrated by providing water, especially in winter when your water intake is decreased.
Keep that in mind that not every soup is healthy. Some soups are made up of thickening agents and contain high amounts of sodium. Thickening agents in minute quantities are tolerable and beneficial, but they provide too many calories if used in large quantities. On the other hand, too much sodium is harmful to the heart’s health. It increases the risk of heart diseases and severe kidney problems. A healthy soup is made up of vegetables, bones, and meat. Meat foodstuff is a good source of collagen. While vegetables provide vitamins, fibers, and minerals, they prevent heart diseases, some cancers, and type 2 diabetes.
Healthy Soup Recipes
To flavor your taste buds, we have summarized some of the best recipes of soup that are delicious as well as healthy. So let’s start with Chicken Noodle Soup:
Chicken Noodle Soup
Chicken noodle soup provides you with proteins that are mostly lacking in vegetable soup. It lessens body plumpness, improves metabolism, and regulates your cravings.
How to Prepare?
- Take onion, garlic, chicken thighs, celery, carrots, egg noodles, chicken broth, and broth leaves.
- Heat brown chicken in a big stockpot heated with oil. Add in it carrot, onion, celery, and garlic.
- Pour water and then chicken broth along with parsley and bay leaves.
- Boil for at least sixty minutes.
- Cook noodles and keep them aside.
- Strain broth and fry onion, celery, and carrots.
- Bring chicken broth to boil and add noodles, shredded chicken, and parsley.
- Nutritious chicken soup is ready to make you cozy and tepid.
After the chicken noodle soup, here is the recipe for potato soup.
How to Prepare?
- Take the following ingredients: scallion greens (finely chopped), half cup Cheddar cheese, half a teaspoon ground pepper, half cup sour cream, 4 cups chicken broth, 2 potatoes( peeled and sliced), half cup chopped onion, canola oil (1 tablespoon) and bacon (2 slices).
- Boil potatoes and broth. Simmer until potatoes are softened. Take out some potatoes. Mash them with sour cream and put them back. Now add cheese and remaining sour cream. Cook till the soup is thoroughly heated and the cheese is melted. Potato soup is ready. Enjoy it with chives and crumbled bacon.
Soups can be thick and thin. Thick soups are thickened by using corn starch, rice, bisque, and cream. They have different textures. There is a huge variety of cold soups that are served cold but not chilled, for instance, jellied consommé, etc. Moreover, there is a separate category of international hashes known for their origin; for example, French Onion soup has been initiated from France but eaten worldwide. It is advisable not to buy soup from outside, try healthy soup recipes at home, and enjoy delicious and wholesome treats.
Also read: Heart-healthy recipes